Personal KongaPay: How to get Started for all Nigerians -| Ogbeta Online
Personal KongaPay for all Nigerians
Brief history of KongaPay
KongaPay was launched as a pilot product in 2015 in partnership with Nigerian commercial banks in order to work seemlessly for customers only within the Konga.com’s platform.
The greatest threats of shopping online, that is, the challenge of lack of trust in making online payment was resolved by KongaPay which has made it possible for anyone to use Konga’s online platform.
This innovation had protected online shoppers against the reports of fraud on their bank accounts online. KongaPay is similar to what is seen in Aliexpress platform – alipay with its one-click payments.
It was unveiled in Lagos, Nigeria at a KongaPay Demo event. The payment option has been fully integrated with Nigerian Commercial banks like Ecobank, Access (Diamond) bank, FCMB, Zenith Bank, Heritage Bank, UBA, First Bank and GTB.
KongaPay is in partnership with Nigeria’s banks. Konga.com strongly believe that together with the commercial, they could change the face of online shopping in Nigeria by removing the uncertainties customers associate with pre-paying for goods and services they are yet to receive.”
KongaPay has become the game-changer in online shopping in Nigeria. This is because it has made possible for a seamless movement of goods, services and payments. This has grown safety and trust among Konga’s users.
With KongaPay, a customer receives an authorization code that is secured and registered to the mobile phone number (2-Factor-Authentication) on the website.
There is no need for customers to sign up for electronic banking if the customer has a registered mobile phone number and a bank account.
KongaPay has eliminated the use of sensitive personal information such as Internet banking passwords or card details with just a simple click.
What is KongaPay?
KongaPay is a way to pay and get paid for goods and services. At first, it was built for Konga.com. People loved using it so much that Konga decided to share the love and make it available even outside the Konga.com platform.
Also Read: Computer Safety Measures
Remember, you can not have multiple KongaPay account because each KongaPay account is linked to a single BVN. Payment processing on KongaPay happens instantly.
KongaPay transactions type
KongaPay can be used to pay for goods and services on the app as well as offline at a range of merchant stores and locations.
Please check the app dashboard for merchants that are currently available on the platform. You can also set up a recurring payment for certain services and merchants of your choice.
How to register on KongaPay
Registration on KongaPay is just so easy and simple. Because KongaPay understand the peculiarities of their customers, they have reviewed their registration process to be simpler and customers can operate on different levels.
The requirements levels are broken down as follows;
– Phone number (Verified with One Time Password)
– Date of Birth
– Home address
– Date of Birth
– Home Address
– Card or Bank Account details
Personal KongaPay Features
- Fast and easy one-time sign-up.
- Link your debit cards and bank accounts for easy transfers and payments.
- No tokens, no CVV, pay with just your mobile number.
- Set up payment subscriptions and recurring payments.
- Receive money through your mobile number phone number without a bank account.
- Make airtime, internet service and cable TV payments.
- Skip the queue and make payments faster with your QR Code.
- Generate QR Codes of items you want to sell and share online.
How to get started on KongaPay
Enter your personal information. This includes your name and contact details. The next steps would be to create a Pin and enter the verification code sent to your phone.
Then you officially have a KongaPay account.
Your registration is just this once and you will not be required to provide the same information when making a purchase or payment.
As a KongaPay Classic user, you can only make transactions on KongaPay if your wallet has been funded by another KongaPay user.
How to link your ATM Card to your KongaPay account
Funding your KongaPay is extremely important. Because as a KongaPay Classic user, you can only make transactions using KongaPay if your wallet is funded by another KongaPay user. That is wallet-to-wallet transactions.
So, what happens when there is no another KongaPay user to fund your account.
That is the main reason, you need to link your own Credit Card or ATM Card to your KongaPay account. More importantly also fund your KongaPay account and automatically upgrade you from Classic KongaPay to Premium KongaPay account. You can also link multiple ATM or credit card.
To link any of your cards, please follow the steps below:
- Login to your KongaPay account with your unique 4 digit security PIN and Telephone Number.
- Link your VISA/MasterCard to your KongaPay account by adding your card details from the settings page.
- You will need to input your KongaPay Pin and a One Time Password (OTP) sent to your telephone to complete linking your card to your KongaPay account.
To ensure the card belongs to you, they will make a small charge ₦100 to your card and this will appear in your bank statement or transaction alert shortly.
Once you have checked the amount from your bank statement, you will need to enter the amount in the settings page to complete verification of your card.
Note that it sometimes takes a few days before the charged amount appears in your statement or before your bank sends you a transaction alert.
Please also note that prior to your card being verified, you will be limited to ₦20,000 for purchases only.
How to link your Bank account to KongaPay
To link your Bank account, please follow the steps below:
- Log into your KongaPay account using your mobile number and PIN.
- Navigate to the settings page on the KongaPay mobile App or website, and select the Bank sub-menu and enter your account number and name.
To complete your request, details entered are verified at your bank and validated using a One Time Password sent to
your phone number linked to your bank account and your KongaPay Pin.
For One Time Password sent to my phone number linked to your bank account:
- Input the OTP in the SMS sent to your phone.
- Input your KongaPay Pin.
- The system authenticates the OTP and KongaPay Pin and links the account.
Why KongaPay need your Debit card number, BVN and Account number
When you create a KongaPay account, they really want to be sure that you are who you claim to be, your identity. This is why they use the BVN service to verify the information you provide.
KongaPay transaction security
When it comes to security and privacy of your data, KongaPay uses tokenization and end-to-end encrypton
which the best and most secure authentication method in compliance with CBN.
You are always in control using KongaPay. No debit can occur on your account without you first authorising it with the KongaPay PIN and verification code sent by your bank to your phone or email. It’s like having two keys on the door to your account(2FA).
They don’t store your sensitive payment information. They simply verify what you provide against your bank’s database.
So, when you forget your PIN, they need proof that it is indeed you making the request. The fastest way to do this is to have you re-verify the information you entered when you signed up.
KongaPay is a regulated mobile money operator and are required by the Central Bank of Nigeria to maintain the same security standards.
KongaPay transaction limit
- In compliance with the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) regulations, transactions from your KongaPay account will be limited to the following:
- KongaPay Lite: Maximum transaction limit of ₦3,000 per transaction / Maximum Daily Limit of ₦30,000 per day.
- KongaPay Classic: Maximum transaction limit of ₦10,000 per transaction / Maximum Daily Limit of ₦100,000 per day.
- KongaPay Premium: Maximum transaction limit of ₦100,000 per transaction / Maximum Daily Limit of ₦1,000,000 per day.
How to set up auto-renewal for your TV Subscription:
It is really simply to set up auto-renewal for your TV Subscription using KongaPay, just follow these simple steps:
- Click on TV subscription on the dashboard or select this from “services” on your mobile app.
- Select your preferred TV subscription (DSTV,GOTV or StarTimes)
- Key in your smartcard Number
- Choose your preferred bouquet
- Since you want the payment to auto renew monthly, tick the box for “Auto-renewal”
- If you do not have a card information already stored in your decoder, you will be prompted to update your card info.
- You will be prompted to put in your pin and OTP (One Time Password)
- And you are done.
Should you change your mind, you can always cancel the auto-renewal by going to settings on the App or website, click on Active Subscriptions to view or cancel your active subscription(s).
Both processes can be done either on the app or on the webpage.